Judgment Day Duel Academy
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgment Day Duel Academy, accepts duelists of all skill levels. We will try to improve your knowledge and skill in order to help you strive to get better during your time here. Judgment day is now upon you. Dread the dragon for he is here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Menu
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon* (224)
Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_vote_lcapPichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_voting_barPichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_vote_rcap 
supdesup (2)
Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_vote_lcapPichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_voting_barPichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_vote_rcap 
Dark Angel (2)
jason1637 (1)
Zaphod Beeblebrox (1)
Tsuko Aiko (1)
Card Of The Week

Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) Empty
PostSubject: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Homework 1, I was also asked to write this as an article.
Written November 1, 2014. Last editted November 2, 2014.

Have fun reading btw, this is a lot to cover, so I had to write a lot.. This isn't even complete. Smile

All Credit currently goes to Asian_Pichu for writing this.. thing... homework.. thing.. article. I do not mind people using this, but please give me credit for my work. This is in need of more material, I will do more research over time. More material will be found as the decks mentioned come closer to release.

Table of contents (use ctrl F to find stuff fast!)
1) Decks to be discussed:
1.1 Qliphort
1.2 DDD/Covenant
1.3 Hermit Yokai (currently known as Yosenju, I will be using the term: Yosenju)
1.4 Spirit beasts
1.5 Necloth
2) Impact current meta and siding strategy
2.1) Qliphort
2.2) DDD/Covenant
2.3) Necloth
2.3) Yusenju/ Spirit Beasts
2.4) Decks that stand a chance?
3) Other?
4) Conclusions

1.1 Qliphort
Qliphorts is going to be a very scary deck in this upcoming meta. It can even be compared to the dark times of dragon rulers. The deck's normal strategy is as follows: search for Qliphort Scout, have Qliphort Scout search other parts of the deck that it needs at the time. If the game goes long enough, typically turn 7, Apoqliphort Killer will appear. Killer is a level 10 monster that is unaffected by spells, traps, and monster effects of monsters Level and Rank 9 and lower.
Qliphorts have monsters that have tribute effects, and is normally based around normal summoning (except for the random pendulum summons that appear.) Qliphort Helix destroys 1 spell or trap when he is tributed. Qliphort Archive sends a monster on the field back to the hand.
Qliphort Disk, when tribute summoned, will summon other qliphort monsters that get destroyed during the end phase. The scales used are normally Qliphort Scales, or Qliphort Scout and Performpal Trampolynx.
Because Qliphort monsters are only level 4 if normal or special summoned, it is very easy for them to make rank 4 plays if needed. (They typically do not want to do that because they want to keep tributing monsters to continue using their already great effects.)

1.2 DDD/Covenant
DDD is a deck that revolves around searching and pendulum summoning. It is a very fast deck, however, they must pay 1000 life points every turn once they activate certain cards (These are the Covenant cards). They have Covenant with the Hellgate to search once per turn. Covenant with the Swamp King is pretty much a Dragon's Mirror once per turn for DDD decks. Covenant with the Valkyrie is a Raigeki Break once per turn during either player's turn (This one is a trap.)
The deck's main strategy revolves around searching with Covenant of the Hellgate, and sometimes using DD Magical Astronomer Kepler to search for Covenant cards. The scales are typically DD Magical Astronomer Kepler and DD Astronomer Galilei. Sometimes, like Qliphorts, they will use Performapal Trampolynx as well, in place of Galilei.
Overall, this deck summons really big beaters, and it has its own lockdown with DDD Kaiser the Conquest Overlord. He negates all faceup cards on the field, and can sacrifice covenants to attack for game. They typically use trapstun to secure a victory this way.
1.3 Yosenju
Yosenju have very little support currently, but they do have their own solemn judgment. Secret Technique of the Yosenju is a counter trap that negates the activation of any spell, trap, or monster effect. The only condition is that the only monsters on the user's side of the field must by Yosenju monster, or no monsters. All Yosenju monsters that are not pendulum monsters currently get sent back to the hand at the end of the turn. They have their own stratos if another monster attacks directly. They have a monster that attacks directly, and they have a monster that bounces a card every turn (Pretty much, a glorified Compulsory Evacuation Device.) Their boss monster bounces 2 cards, and their scales aren't anything special, unless they are monsters, in which case, they make a soft lock of only being able to attack a certain one, and only being able to target a certain one. The current strategy seems to be just being annoying and stalling. Any sort of effect negation very much hurts this deck.
My research in this field is lacking, as this deck will not be out for a while. According to the American TCG at official Konami website, this deck isn't coming out until Feb 13, along with Spirit Beasts and Necloth.

*People can alternatively feed me information, and I will give them credit.*

1.4 Spirit Beasts
I didn't care to research this, as it will not be out for a while in the TCG. I'm too busy working on today's stuff. This deck comes out around Feb 13, along with Yosenju and Necloth I will edit this part later.

*People can alternatively feed me information, and I will give them credit.*

1.5 Necloth
Necloth is a deck based entirely on toolboxing and massive searching. Necloth of Clausolas allows the user to search for any Necloth Spell or Trap. Brionac allows the search of any Necloth monster, on the field, Brionac bounces up to two extra deck cards back into the extra deck. Shrit can be used to search for any warrior Necloth monster once he is used as a tribute. Clausolas and Brionac are both warriors. Another big warrior that runs around is Trishula. Trishula, in the hand, can negate the effect of one card that targets a card on the field. When summoned, he can banish 1 card each on the opponent's side of the on field, graveyard, and hand.
Other important necloth cards that exist are decisive armor, which on discard gives 1000 attack to a monster, and on the field, once per turn, can banish a set card. Another one is Valkyrus. This one is like a swift scarecrow for his discard effect, and his field effect is tributing up to two cards to draw up to two cards. Unicore is the last one. On discard, it adds any necloth card from the graveyard to hand. On the field, it's a skill drain for extra deck monsters.
The ritual spells, if no monsters are on the field, can be banished with another necloth monster to search for more ritual spells. Kaleidomirror can be used in the extra deck in such a way that one can summon two brionacs. (Using Shooting Quasar Dragon as material) It can also be used to summon just any other monster, as long as the level is appropriate. Exomirror allows monsters in the graveyard to be material by banishing them.
Overall, the deck banishes cards and summons big beaters. It also searches a lot, so the deck is incredibly consistent.

2.1 Qliphorts impacting the Meta and siding strategy
Qliphorts are likely to dominate game 1 meta. Rank 3 and 4 decks have very little to stop Killer once he is summoned. The only out is a monster with 2300 attack or more and equipping it with Rhapsody in Berserk. (another rank 4 card)
Any deck that can make rank 8s have a rather easy time. They can summon Number 62: Photon Eyes Prime Dragon. (name error?) It has 4000 attack, it can run over killer.
Any deck that has major attack power ups, or major spell/trap destruction on the opponent's turn has a very strong chance of killing Qliphorts. Other than that, people will have issues against them. Also, preventing Qliphorts from tributing is amazing.
In game 2 and 3, people can side deck very hard in this deck. Spell Shattering Arrow, Fairy Wind, Mystical Space Typhoons, Trap Eater (for skill drain), Mistake, Mask of Restrict, Anti-Spell Fragrance, Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, Twister, Dust Tornado, Mind Crush, Lava Golem, Volcanic Queen, System Down and so many other cards are very strong against this deck.
Dante and Shaddolls can side in The Monarchs Storm Forth as well. All 3 current Meta decks will have issues with Qliphorts when they get released. Bujins may have a chance against Qliphorts with their 3 Cranes, Centipedes, and other things that Bujins can do.
Basic Siding Strategy is to stop searches and prevent them from using tool. Once Killer hits the field, you need to find a way to run over him. Cards could be Ego Boost or United We Stand. Life is easier if Killer isn't around though, so avoid him at all costs.

2.2 DDD/Covenant impacting the Meta and siding strategy.
DDD isn't as hard to deal with as Qliphort. They have a 3000 monster that cannot be destroyed unless he is specifically targeted. That isn't too terribly hard with what is running around nowadays. I would treat it as a faster but easier version than Qliphorts, and type almost the exact same thing. Most of the deck revolves around pendulum summoning, they do spam a bit. Similar cards and strategy used in Qliphort can be used to counter this deck as well. (Pendulums are looking to have very similar weaknesses.) Vanity's Emptiness is also strong against this deck. I don't see any of the 3 big decks having too much issue against this one. Every deck has some sort of out to this one. They don't have to get over a problematic killer. Satellas may have issues if they don't have Honest.

2.3 Necloth
Necloth is based around banishing and ritual summoning. This is another scary deck of the format. This deck is not as unbearable as Qliphorts, but it does compete with them. They are simply just extremely consistent, and they can hurt a lot of people. I like to put in Imperial Iron Wall and Shared Ride against this deck. Also, Mistake, Mask of Restrict and Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell is good. Macro Cosmos isn't too bad. Vanity's Emptiness is an amazing card if they do not have MST.
The current top 3 decks don't have any issues particularly, they may get a bit annoyed though.

2.4 Yosenjou/ Spirit Beasts
These decks are coming out at the same time as Necloth. I am currently not as interested in this deck as I am the other 3. I will write and research more later. People can alternatively feed me information, and I will give them credit.

2.5 Decks that stand a chance?
-Bujins have an incredible matchup against these, minus Necloth. The ability to hit many things, pop backrow and become incredibly high attack is very advantageous.
-Sylvans stand a chance. They can make high level and rank plays to run over everything, they also have enough burst and mushrooms to work out for them.
-Dark World may fare better than other decks, considering they can screw with everyone's hands, and make 4500 xyz beatsticks forever and ever.
-Cyber Dragons are known for getting big beatsticks. They can also conveniently use Chimeratech Fortress Dragon on Apoqliphort Towers (Killer). This tactic does not work on the Pendulum monsters though.
*There are probably many decks I overlooked, give me ideas and why, and I can give you credit.*

3 Other?
Something else I noticed was Melodious Diva. 3x Sonata is +1500 attack. Elegy is +300 attack, That's a total of +1800 attack to all fairies. Archlord Kristya can be thrown in here and have a potential of 4600 attack. (Though Aria is probably wanted, so Kristya is going to have 4100 attack.) Either way, the deck does have its outs to killer, and I would assume it be the budget deck of New Challengers.
Melodious Diva monsters have Aria, that protects monsters from being destroyed by battle, and prevents monsters from being targeted by card effects. They also have Elegy, that prevents monsters from being destroyed by card effects. Sonata gives monsters a +500 attack. Although there are ways to get around destroying and targeting, this deck may be worth looking into.

4 Conclusions
Qliphorts are dangerous with their tribute effects and killer running around. He is very difficult to get over, especially since they run skill Drain
DDD is like Qliphorts, just not as threatening. They hurt, and can do damage faster, but there are more outs to this deck.
Necloth is a ritual deck that toolboxes and banishes places. Against this deck, make sure either your hand, your field, or your graveyard is clear, and you can avoid Trishula's effect.
Not enough information on Spirit Beasts and Yosenjous.
-*People could feed me information, and I will give them credit.*
All Credit currently goes to Asian_Pichu for writing this.. thing... homework.. thing.. article. I do not mind people using this, but please give me credit for my work. This is in need of more material, I will do more research over time. More material will be found as the decks mentioned come closer to release.

Last edited by Asian_Pichu on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 pm

So much info.Nice work Pichu. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks, maybe we should have more tournaments, I could write about more of this stuff while people think about what plays they can't actually make. x]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 10:59 pm

pichu to much stuffs o.o cant even read it all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 2:19 am

This article is great really thought out
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)   Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pichu's Meta Analysis/ Homework 1 (Already turned in)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1