Judgment Day Duel Academy
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgment Day Duel Academy, accepts duelists of all skill levels. We will try to improve your knowledge and skill in order to help you strive to get better during your time here. Judgment day is now upon you. Dread the dragon for he is here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Menu
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon* (224)
Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_vote_lcapJust another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_voting_barJust another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_vote_rcap 
supdesup (2)
Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_vote_lcapJust another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_voting_barJust another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_vote_rcap 
Dark Angel (2)
jason1637 (1)
Zaphod Beeblebrox (1)
Tsuko Aiko (1)
Card Of The Week

Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. Empty
PostSubject: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 am

Before I begin I would like to point out this in an old lesson I made on another academy however it is my lesson. If any proof is needed just ask.

Gem-Knights, what can I say about them? The are made out to be pretty bad however is this really the case? No! This post contains information on how to build and play a decent Gem-knight deck.

Most people when building a general Gem-knights deck decide to play cards that will leave them with dead draws and no chance of winning. I know myself that when I played them a while back I made the exact same mistakes, so what are these mistakes? Well it's simple:

1. Gem-Knights should, under no circumstances, run three gem-knight fusion cards, these cards clog up your deck and will not allow for decent play.

2. Most people run most to every Gem-Knight fusion card not allowing any room for other xyz monsters which can be crucial into winning and losing

3. People like to base their strategy onto cards such as Gem-knight Emerald when in fact Gem-knight emerald is not necessary in the deck.

4. A select amount of players like to run Crystal Beasts with Gem-Knights, this is a mistake I usually find within players new to the game, none the less do NOT do this, it is a really bad mistake.

5. To most newbies to Gem-knights they think that by running Sapphire they will have a good, defensive field to keep them safe until they draw into a card like Absorb fusion or Gem-Knight fusion. Let me tell you that the only Normal card you will need is Garnet, no one likes to play on a defensive aspect, unless you just like slow play and lets face it, you never really get them sort of players.

So now you know about the top five mistakes, lets go over some praises that most players in the world of Gem-Knights should really have in their deck.

1. Run Blaster and Redox. Now I know earlier I said that not many people like defensive play but with Redox he does not just have to be defensive, his discard effect can make Redox a better card than a defence, and with Blaster you can banish him after to add a Gem-Knight card to your hand! But you would need a fire or dragon type to make blasters effect valid...

2. ...And that's where this praise comes in handy, run Volcanic shell and Royal Fire-storm guard at three, most of the time you will be using pyro monsters so fire-storm comes in handy, and with volcanic shell you can pay 500 to add a copy of itself to your hand, if you have the right cards you can fusion summon Gem-Knight Citrine and if you play your cards right you can summon two in one turn!

3. This final praise is something most good gem-knight players do. They willl run a good amount of fusions and xyz monsters, now some people say that since a gem-knight deck is made for fusions it should have many, many fusion cards in it. This is not the case. The only fusion cards you should be running are Amethyst, Citrine and Zirconia.

So now you know all the praises and the scolds of gem knights, you finally have built your gem-knight deck, but how do you play it? Well lets start off with a hand which is perfect for a gem knight deck.

x1 Rescue Rabbit
x1 G-K fusion
x2 Sardonyx
x1 Gemini Spark

If you are going first that's a pretty good hand. Going second the extra card you might need would be reckless greed.

Anyways on with said hand.

Play Rescue rabbit and go for effect.

Go for x2 Gem-Knight garnet in your deck.

Play Gem-Knight fusion and bring Garnet and Sardonyx to grave to bring out Citrine

From there you can play set spark on the field and with that you have a pretty solid field, you can also return Gem-Knight fusion to you hand and summon out another Citrine, which would avoid Garnet being destroyed, but again these are just tips.

Obviously this is not the only combo you can get, however it is a very popular combo in the deck to get out 1 or more citrines. Another combo would involve again 1 rescue rabbit, 1 gem-knight fusion, 1 Gem-knight of any kind and one volcanic shell, to pull this combo off just summon rabit and activate effect, now bring out double garnet, next play gem-knight fusion fusing volcanic shell and Garnet to bring out citrine, now you can activate volcanic shell to bring to your hand 1 other volcanic shell, activate fusion to banish garnet and bring to hand fusion itself and activate fusion again, sending either the gem-knight in your hand or the gem-knight on the field to the grave with volcanic shell to bring out another citrine.

I hope I taught you a bit about Gem-knights, thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 11:17 am

Explain card ratios/ give a sample deck list and some possible techs. Not a bad lesson but i feel like some of your points are aimed at abysmally poor duelists and kinda stating the obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:36 am

Try to avoid the blue it is a bit hard to see with the color scheme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:37 am

it should organized and display a colorful scene. also some bold would be nice. also add some pictures and have some titles for the sections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 am

I think its good as it is, I mean its REALLY hard to do that color thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Astralwiz wrote:
I think its good as it is, I mean its REALLY hard to do that color thing.

its not hard but it would be nicer if it was bit more organized and had some of the picture of the cards. if he labeled ever major thing he wanted to talk about ,then it would be a great article.

there are alot of ways to display an article. if you more advice or want to explain my reasons, don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.   Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just another bad deck or no? Gem-Knights.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1