Judgment Day Duel Academy
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Welcome to Judgment Day Duel Academy.

Please login or register.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judgment Day Duel Academy, accepts duelists of all skill levels. We will try to improve your knowledge and skill in order to help you strive to get better during your time here. Judgment day is now upon you. Dread the dragon for he is here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Menu
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon* (224)
Evilswarms I_vote_lcapEvilswarms I_voting_barEvilswarms I_vote_rcap 
supdesup (2)
Dark Angel (2)
jason1637 (1)
Zaphod Beeblebrox (1)
Tsuko Aiko (1)
Card Of The Week

Evilswarms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:34 pm

Hello, all. I am currently working on my Evilswarm deck. Two formats ago, I was getting good results, but these days I seem to be having more trouble.

Click here to see the deck

I really don't have anything else to say on this. It's an Evilswarm deck. Help me make it more... Evil.

One thing though, I'm more concerned about backrow than I am about the monsters I have. I'm satisfied with my monster arsenal, but my main issue is that the backrow I draw often doesn't help/protect me.

Last edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:46 am

https://i.imgur.com/b4xpAqH.png here is my build so you can see my spell/trap line up. It is actually pretty solid sometimes I get to much backrow though. Personally right now I would drop the Mirror Force for Dimensional Prison. Also think about karma cut as it will help Kerykeion plays in fueling the graveyard. If you have to run Mirror Force definitely run Macro Cosmos and Dimensional Fissure. This will hurt Burning Abyss and Shaddolls.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: My ideas?    Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 am

These are just ideas, I never mained Evilswarm. I've only watched people play them.

Maindeck:
-3 Hraesvelg. -1 madragora. -2 kagetokage. -1 blackhorn of heaven. -3 mirror force. total would take out 10 cards. Hraesvelg is too slow, flip effects are too slow unless you are shaddolls with sinister shadow games. Madragora is meh. kagetokage is a personal preference, I don't like it. Black horn of heaven is bad this format. Mirror Force is bad this format.

+1 Rescue Rabbit. +1 Allure of Darkness. +3 Reinforcements of the Army
+1 Soul Charge

You will need to pick cards out of preference here...
+1 or +2 Infestation Infection (To help you filter your deck.)
+2 or 3 Skill Prisoner. Shaddolls will want to get rid of your Ophion by setting a dragon or lizard, Hands will want to get at your Ophion. As long as it is not damage step, you should be fine.
+1 Dimensional Fissure.
+1 Macro Cosmos
+2 Vanity emptiness.

With the above section, do not add everything, just add preference cards, they're all strong against the meta.

Side deck, the only cards I like are forbidden dress, Raigeki and breakthrough skill.

I would suggest adding any of the following:
+1 grandmole
+2 Maxx "C"
+2 Mind Crush (Since lots of decks search.)
+1 Eradicator Virus (The one that hits spells or traps.)
+2 anti-spell fragrance
+2 Mask of Restrict
+2 Prideful Roar
+1 Macro +1 D fissure (If you did not mainboard it.)

Extra Deck:
Make room for
+1 Abyss Dweller
+1 Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight

Other preference cards could be Rhapsody in Berserk and Number 104. Rhapsody can make Ophion really big, while banishing cards. 104 can stop stuff in damage step, he's just hard to make, but not impossible.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:16 am

@Asian_Pichu He does like his monster line up. However you do have a point about hreavelg. However I like to tech it at one as well as obliviwisp to stop hands. Mandragora can be run at 3 or even at 1 and it wouldn't hurt the deck (unlike cards like cyber dragon). Also 3 RotA for only 3 targets? 2 at most but 3 will be dead draw especially with Infestation Infection.

@OP Also think about Forbidden Chalice and Infestation Infection will really help you gather your combo pieces. Also Light of Intervention will really help against shaddoll match up as well as soul drain so you can side it. Also Ceasefire as well.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 1:33 am

3 ROTA for 3 targets is fine, the goal is to ophion set 5. He can add castor back to his hand, infection it back to the deck, then rota the castor.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 3:36 am

i dont like to run many monster in this deck and i focus on backrow like virus, i really love eradicator virus
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
*Judgment Dragon*

Duel Points. : 9001

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 am

Personally, I think 3 ROTA is too many, but that's just my personal preference. As for the backrow, I would definitely recommend maining Karma Cut, it's soo good against the META!
Back to top Go down
https://judgmentdayduelacade.forumotion.co.uk

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 6:26 am

3 ROTA is definitely not going to happen. That's a dead draw waiting to happen.

I used to run Allure of Darkness. It wasn't really ever helpful. More often than not, it would have been more lucrative for me to keep that monster in my hand.

I don't like Rescue Rabbit, because it's a dead draw if I've already drawn more than one Heliotrope, and I'm not going to make the effort for Emeral just to get him back in the deck.

I chose Mirror Force over Dimensional Prison because I was having a lot of difficulty with monsters which cannot be targeted by card effects - Bahamut and Ouroboros can't do shit about them. I used to run D-Prison preferentially.

I've never used Infestation Infection, but I always imagined it would be a bad card, because it's slow and prone to dead draw. If you disagree, and have used it in your own Evilswarms, tell me, and give me your reasoning for using it.

I really like Skill Prisoner though. I'm definitely going to try to fit that in. It may be just what I need to keep Ophion on the field.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 am

@Zaphod I do main deck 2 Infestation Infection this way it isn't a dead draw as well as seeing it often but not to often. But I usually send in cards I don't need like Heliotrope which really does help with rabbit plays.
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 6:47 am

Let's see...You drew a thunderbird but You need to make a good play soon...Infection would let you return that thunderbird to hand and then add any lswarm monster you want i.e. castor or kerykion or w.e
Back to top Go down

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 am

Pretty much! Ontop of that you can use it when your opponent attacks one of your monsters or sometime during their turn so you can get more uses out of it.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Evilswarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evilswarms   Evilswarms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evilswarms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Judgment Day Duel Academy :: Recreation Room. :: Deck Help.-